Your personal Health Information (PHI) is important and will allow us to provide you with better services. Often this information is used prior to performing assessments to determine your health service and support needs.
Your assessment may include details on your:
- Physical and mental health
- Personal health history
- Electronic and paper assessments
- Detailed information on how to keep you living safe and independent in your own home
We will only share your assessment information with other health service providers with your consent. If you have agreed to share your PHI, the information in your assessment will be used to:
- Provide health support and services based on your needs
- Ensure your providers have the most up to date and complete health history and needs
- Assess gaps or overlaps in service to better serve your needs.
The PHI collected in your assessment belongs to you. The privacy and protection of your PHI is a priority for Niagara Ina Grafton Gage Village staff members. In the assessment process, we only collect the health information we need in order to determine your service and support needs. This information cannot be used for any other purpose without your permission.
- Your PHI is kept in a secure place
- Your health information will only be viewed by authorized people who deliver your service
- All health service providers have signed contracts to keep your information confidential
- When a person views your information, it is recorded in a log. This log is reviewed regularly to make sure there has been no unauthorized access to your information.
- Information is stored and/or disposed of according to the law
- We will investigate any suspected breach or unauthorized access to your PHI.
Your Privacy Choices:
- You can request a copy of your assessment at any time.
- You can request to have information in your assessment corrected or updated
- You may choose to not share your information with other health care providers
To withhold or withdraw your consent to share basic identifying or assessment information, call the Integrated Assessment Record (IAR) Consent Call Centre toll free at 1-855-585-5279
Contact our privacy officer if you would like to know more about how your PHI is handled and shared with our partner organizations.
Niagara Ina Grafton Gage Village
Jerry Boichuk, CEO
905-935-6080 ext. 223