Piano Player Entertainer
Under the direction of the Volunteer Coordinator, this volunteer position will deliver recreational and therapeutic benefits to residents at Niagara Ina Grafton Gage Village by providing music of all genres played on the piano which will help with socialization, decrease isolation, and increase overall feel-good stimulus that music provides.
- Play music in the Atrium to seniors who may be sitting in the Atrium and/or the Nifty Nook Café
- Encourage residents to sing a-long
- Be receptive to song requests
- Playing music from various genres and be willing to learn new songs if the request arises.
- Play piano 1- 3 times a week (hours and times are flexible)
- Socialize with residents/guests
- Encourage residents to engage and sing a-long
- Ability to play piano
- Good organizational and time management skills
- Good communication and interpersonal skills with the ability to exercise tact & diplomacy in dealing with residents, other staff, and family members.
- Strong assessment and interpersonal skills.
WHY WORK WITH US
- Meet other people who share your interests and passions
- Earn new skills and discover new talents
- Develop new friendships
- Take part in valuable learning opportunities
- Be part of a team
- Enhance self-awareness and build confidence in yourself and in others
- Have the opportunity to implement your own ideas and be a part of the decision-making
- Gain valuable work experience
(Please note that successful applicants will require a current 2-step TB testing and current Vulnerable Sector Police Reference Check suitable for working with the vulnerable population prior to commencing employment)
Niagara Ina Grafton Gage Village is committed to accommodating applicants with disabilities throughout the recruiting and hiring process, in accordance with the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act (AODA). Our leadership team is responsible for working with applicants requesting accommodation at any stage of the recruiting and hiring process.