Personal Support Worker (Assisted Living Services)
We are looking for exceptional PSWs to join the team of Niagara Ina Grafton health care professionals. At Niagara Ina Grafton Gage Village, our team is passionate, friendly and possesses a positive attitude that is essential at our versatile organization. We are a company where you are not just a number – your experience, work ethic and brilliant ideas are acknowledged and valued!!. We strongly believe that we can do great things by working together.
Our Assisted Living team is one with a broader set of skills within the PSW scope. Working under this division, you will be required to show your flexibility to adapt to the different levels of support we offer to our clients. The level of necessary support will vary with each client, and among other standard health care support responsibilities, you will be responsible not only with assisting our clients with ADLs but also for the safe and accurate administration and documentation of medications for residents in stable condition. You will be required to encourage clients’ participation/involvement and independence in activities that foster clients’ self-worth at all times.
- Possess a provincially-recognized Personal Support Worker Certificate.
- Highly developed conflict resolution, critical thinking, decision-making and problem-solving skills as well as demonstrated ability to work as part of a team as well as excellent organizational and time management skills.
- Skills such as coordinating with others and Emotional Intelligence (EQ) are “essential”.
- We are looking for somebody who is excited about change and new learning, empathetic and optimistic.
WHY WORK WITH US
We are positive that we are able to check some of your boxes:
- We have shifts that fit most schedules with premiums for working evenings, nights and/or weekends. O/T hours are also available for those who are looking to take advantage of it.
- We encourage the residents of our community to care for their whole selves, and we encourage our employees to do the same by offering Extended Health Benefits, Disability, Life insurance, AD&D, and Pension Plan with 100% match from us for all full-time staff and 14% pay in lieu for part-time.
- We support the well-being of our employees, so we offer an EAP to help our team handle mental health and personal challenges. In addition, we offer a generous paid sick leave for full-timers, and any unused sick time is paid out to you at the end of each year.
- Amazing perks, including Employee Service Recognition programs, free parking, discounted meals from our Dining room and fitness room access.
- We ensure our team receives frequent comprehensive training and education to expand their hard skills because we believe that it is our team of health care professionals who help us to do great things.
(Please note that successful applicants will require a current 2-step TB testing and current Vulnerable Sector Police Reference Check suitable for working with the vulnerable population prior to commencing employment)
Niagara Ina Grafton Gage Village is committed to accommodating applicants with disabilities throughout the recruiting and hiring process, in accordance with the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act (AODA). Our leadership team is responsible for working with applicants requesting accommodation at any stage of the recruiting and hiring process.
We thank all applicants for their interest, however only those selected for an interview will be contacted.